Skip to main content

Strong Women, Soft Hearts

"I do not want to get into this Christianity thing. They'll turn me into a soft too sweet woman that I don't want to be. Or they'll turn me into someone people will walk over on. I am not made to be a sissy. I want to be a tough woman, determined. Is that a wrong personal aspiration to desire?"

On the contrary, when Jesus contrasted the Church to His bride, He made sure to describe it as an overcoming Church, not a "namby-pamby anything goes, we'll still be goody-goodies" church.

Jesus wants a war bride, very keen and alert to the war between good and evil, between God and the schemes of the devil. And she knows she is already victorious. Anything namby-pamby wishy-washy is not God's idea for his Church. And if God considered His Church as He would consider a woman, His women are not just limited to devoted, patient, gentle, kind, loving, and doting ladies, but a Deborah who can lead people too.

When Jesus freed His people, He would tell them that He enabled them to walk with heads held high, with an assured stance, for He took away the bars of their yoke - anything that caused them grave slavery in the past (Leviticus 26:13).

A given. So what is now the balance of being strong and being soft (specifically soft, not weak)?

With my trial-and-error and learning from God, I've realized, it is to be strong in adversity but having a soft heart for people. "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." (Proverbs 17:17)

In my early years, I had it the other way around. I was soft to temptation, hard-hearted to people.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Ephesians 6:12, King James Bible).

Think about it. Had Eve been that woman, she would have remained firm in saying "No" to temptation and not letting things happen just as it did. "I'm a victim, the devil tempted me." That's basically the reaction she pulled off. 

"Then the LORD God said to the woman, 'What is this you have done?' The woman said, 'The serpent deceived me, and I ate.' " (Genesis 3:13)

The Church, a woman of GOD, must remain strong in its or her stance. In spite of the shaking around us, WE WILL NOT BE SHAKEN. IN SPITE OF ADVERSITY, WE WILL REMAIN STANDING. WE MAY FALL, BUT WE WILL ALWAYS GET UP. WE MAY BE PERSECUTED OR ABANDONED, BUT WE WILL OVERCOME! Because we have God with us and each other.

I break the idea of Christian women as goody-two-shoes who cannot decide. God has loved us and He is our ultimate protector. 

If we are to wear shoes, the Bible says we are to wear shoes bringing the gospel of peace, which is the good news of Jesus Christ. The Church needs strong women, a discerning mind and a soft heart.

I pray this ministers to someone's heart today. That's what we're here for - Christ's ambassadors.

God bless your heart!

Your sister in Christ,

Marie

Comments