Skip to main content

Come to the Table

Anything bothering you this week? Load too tough and burdensome? Financial problems that won't just go away? Problems that just don't get solved? Life out of control?

Hard to picture. But some may be in that situation now.

And that one person could be me. Earlier. Sort of. Frustrations, tiredness and weariness. All I want to do is go home.

I sit in my work chair and quietly breathe. I feel the hand of God in the presence of a cloud invite me to step into the cloud. He began to sit me in a chair in this horizontal table. And He would sit in his chair. Without me saying a word, I felt like I already talked to Him about it and gave it all to Jesus. 

As the load of my frustrations suddenly dissipate in the presence and friendship of Jesus, I felt much lighter and better. The problem is not yet solved but I felt peaceful and calm. 

Jesus now guides me by hand and sits me back in my work chair and I feel lighter. The cloud moves and I'm back to my work cubicle.

Sometimes spending time with God is as little as a quiet moment just being still. Listening. Waiting. Knocking. 

Whatever your load, God invites you to give it all to Jesus. You can say, "Carry all my burdens Lord and quietly calm me with your peace."

To the weary, the Bible says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29)

Coming to God can be as simple as the picture I gave you. 

You. God. A table. 

You. God. Talking about your troubles. 

You. God. Telling him all that is in your heart. 

You. God. Laying all your cards in the table.

"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

When you're ready, come and tell us what GOD has said or done for you. You never know when you already have encouraged someone going through a tough situation too.

Comments