Skip to main content

29 Days after Anchors Aweigh

I went to a Singles Camp-Retreat last August 25-27 with 100+ people from the Singles community in Victory U-Belt.

Here is a photo during the last day of the retreat.

Anchors Aweigh: Singles Camptreat at Canyon Cove Batangas,
August 25-27, 2012
(Photo credit: Bethoven M. Filomeno)

We received a lot of impartation that day about going back to our foundations and knowing our direction. The invited speaker, one of our beloved pastors at Victory Malate, was Pastor Nixon Ng. We understood that after the Singles Camp-Retreat, we are not just supposed to be on board in this amazing Christian Life (All Aboard), set sail (Anchors Aweigh), but actually be moving forward to our destination.

So now, where am I a month after that message?

I feel like I actually dared to move forward. Yesterday was my auditions day for the Victory Makati Music Team. The thing is God reminded me of how giftings are also given to set direction in your life during the Camptreat and here I was by faith applying what I received was my direction. I am still far from getting to where God will take me but still auditioning was an incredibly bold move given my condition that time. Being in the Music Team, I don't really have a detailed picture where things go. From the point that you signed up to be a part of the team, to the practice, to rehearsals, to building your team's worship focus, to the time that you're actually there, it takes a lot of God's movements to get you from point A to point B. Any music team member can attest that the critical part of being part of the music team is God's anointing presence. That every time is a unique breakthrough and movement of God because the message, songs and people are all unique as well. I am so amazed how you never really know everything when you're in this team.

Anyhow, so there I'm probably rowing the sails a little bit.

I was walking around in Manila Bay last Sunday, when I passed through this memorial built for seafarers in the Philippines.


Written in this stone tablet is a very good idea of how it feels to be already sailing forward in the move and work of God, with God as the motor, wind, propeller, engine, power, and sail.



"To all who have endured the challenges of the sea,
and journeyed to life everlasting
to be one with our Almighty Creator."


Challenges have indeed come still right after the Camp Retreat. And it will still be a ride, but I'm thankful for the lessons that we have received during Singles Camp.

Again it's:
  • Know, be established and always go back to firm foundations (apostolic)
  • Set the direction (prophetic)
  • Move towards the mission (evangelistic)
  • Be inspired or propelled forward (pastoral)
  • and Instruct or be instructed in the way (teacher). 
These will definitely prove helpful as we endure the challenges (the winds), and journey to our destination (God and Christ Himself).

Lastly, I will remember this:

God set us on this journey, He will be with us through it, and He will be with us at the end of it. He is the beginning and the end. (Pastor Nixon)
So thrilled and can't wait for the next adventures to come! Part 3 of Singles Camp next year or other adventures, Lord take me. I am willing.

Comments