Skip to main content

Recovering from Emotional Hurts

Last weekend, God gave me a different vision. My visions before were of green fields, the top of hills to down the meadows. But this time in this vision, God was leading me a path through a very dark night and I was crying while He was holding me in hand as He walks me through it.

Not all walks of life are green meadows. Sometimes along the journey to my mountains, God would lead to certain "valleys of death" as I would call it - because the vision was pitch black! And I was crying all the time while going through the valley.

But God would still lead me to it. I don't know what this type of valleys represent to different people. To me, there are instances that God would heal me of broken wounds inside my soul that only He knows I have. And I have to pass through them again so that He would heal them.

God knows my past, present and future better than I. He knows my thoughts, my emotions, why and how I think. I cannot hide who I am to God. More often that not, emotional healing is something He initiates not something I choose to go to. But that is why God is called "the Restorer," "the Repairer," and the "Healer." Only He can heal emotional scars and wounds.

In life, we have different remedies for emotional scars and wounds. We hide ourselves, protect ourselves, put barriers, create a defense mechanism. None of these are bad in themselves but they cannot completely heal the broken person within. Only in God can they be healed, cleansed and made new. Memories forgotten and haunted by them no more.

I am so blessed by the healing that takes place in women as they replace "lies" they have believed about themselves or were spoken to them and replace them with "truth." That God loves them and believes in them. That they are beautiful, worthy and they matter.

As the lies get exposed and crumble down by the truth of God's Word and the love of God flows from within them, I see healed hearts, happy faces, and softer or stronger, more relieved expressions. Suddenly things get so light! Women are prone to these emotional pain perhaps more than men. It is a very beautiful thing to see God heal and restore broken hearts.

And it doesn't end there. God gives these women purpose, meaning and true love!

Believe that God loves you and there is nothing that will ever change that.

And now as I go forward in that vision, slowly the dawn comes and my path becomes bright again. God walked with me and moved me forward past the pitch black moments because He is my light and He holds me as I go through those experiences.

Hear are some truths I believe women should know and believe about themselves:

God has a plan for you. 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
God is not out to get you. He wants to give you good things because He loves you.

God wants you to win in life.
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

God wants you to follow His ways.
"Hope in the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land;..." Psalm 37:4

Beth Redman says in her book "God Knows My Name," trusting God is key to seeing His plans for our lives unfold (Psalm 37:3-6):
Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
 Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun.
"The Bible is clear that the Lord directs us in His path if we trust Him and are open to His direction." (Redman, 2010)


God gives good gifts.
"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11

God is your Helper.
"So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." 
Isaiah 41:10

God knows your name.
"But now, this is what the Lord says—
    he who created you, Jacob,
    he who formed you, Israel:
'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.' 
Isaiah 43:1

God created you.
"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb." 
Psalm 139:13

God thinks you are of worth and value and very special.
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

God hears you when you pray.
"You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely." 
Psalm 139:2-4

God knows when you sit or when you rise from your chair. He is very familiar with all your ways. Before a word or a thought comes to be, the Word of God says He already heard and He knows it - completely. He does not miss a thing about your life. He knows everything.

God is just waiting for you to tell them to Him, because He wants and cherishes His relationship with His daughters.

God has not forgotten you.
"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:6-7

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
    and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
    I will not forget you!" Isaiah 49:15


God thinks you are beautiful. 
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

"..to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,.."
Isaiah 61:3

He is a good God. If you know just how much He is good, it will be much easier to follow Him.

In ending this, I leave to you a Bible verse that describes the vision I just shared to you: :-)

"Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.
Psalm 139:7-12

Have a delightful Monday seeking GOD! God bless you.

Source: 
Beth Redman, God Knows My Name (Valenzuela City: CLC Publications, 2010), 21-70, 121.




Comments