Skip to main content

God Loves Me


Been watching this two-month old baby for days. He's so cute. His mommy just keeps telling him "I Love You." That's so sweet and so natural for human mothers to delight in their child.

Every part of a parent wants to show their love to their children. It is the very nature of parental love. We even call it "unconditional love."

If there is one reason to believe God loves you, it's with this little baby and his mommy. Even before we have the ability to comprehend God's love (which takes more than a lifetime), God showed His undying love for us.

He created the earth to provide a home for the object of his affection, Adam and Eve. He created trees, birds, the great seas, all of creation. When we wake up in the morning and the sun greets us, it's as if God is saying again and again, "I Love You My Child, I have prepared for your day. I have prepared food. I give you shelter. I have wonderful things for you today."

When we sleep, God still whispers "I Love You." I keep telling my brother and sister who are 18 and 17 respectively, "Ate loves you" (Big sister loves you) even when they're asleep. It's such a natural thing. And I can't imagine God being any less.

What should be our take away from this? God loves you. Just because of who and whose you are. You are His. You are a delight to Him. He is delighted in you. I just delight in looking at my brother and sister when they're asleep. God must think so of us too. God is love.


Comments