Skip to main content

Lady Archers

No wonder storms come. Revelations or learnings arise from storms (sometimes).

I remember God's picture of me and the bow and arrow. Whenever I read His word and I store it in my heart, they're like arrows that I place in my quiver (the place where you put your arrows). Then when the right time comes, at least you have a lot of arrows in store and you are ready. 

Like today, all the quiet time with God from my storms and the sacrifice and commitment I make to read His Word daily has been worth it and has proven useful. "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

The quiver is your heart. The arrows are God's word. Every time you read God's Word you have more stored in your heart and you're ready whenever battle comes. Or even when temptation comes your way. The Word of God is your weapon. 

The bow is your mouthpiece. It can be a prayer. It can be a blog. It can be a song, whatever it is you use to get God's Word out to shield you from lies, accusation and discouragement.

Battle has come. And the light is ready to shine on darkness. 

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you." (Isaiah 60:1)

Source:

Ron Bennett and John Purvis, The Adventure of Discipling Others: Training in the Art of Disciplemaking (Colorado: NavPress, 2012).

Comments