Skip to main content

Praying for Nations

Yesterday, I was supposed to be praying for our Single's Camp and I was excited. I started going to the public urban gardens that we have here in Makati City close to where I work. It's such a nice place to pray and reflect amidst the hustle and bustle of work life which takes most of the daily hours in Makati City. I was supposed to pray for the refreshment of the Singles in our church. 

I started with a prayer I knew from my heart. It was the Lord's Prayer:

Our Father,
Thou art in heaven.
Holy be thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.

Suddenly, I had the burden to pray for nations that were being planted in my heart. I would silently bring them to mind and turn them over to God. Some that I could remember where Japan, Indonesia, Tajikistan, Singapore, Malaysia, Namibia, Aruba, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden, Caribbean Islands, Greenland, Mexico and Uganda. I think I may have mentioned a few more but I really can't recall every one except for these countries.

I then turned to pray that God will advance His kingdom in these nations. It kind of sounds like I was watching a Miss Universe pageant where single ladies from all over the world would introduce themselves and say where they're from. Certainly, I've heard Aruba and Trinidad and Tobago and Caribbean only from watching Miss Universe in the 90s. And then I hear at that moment (not an audible one) God and wrote it down. I processed slowly what was said:

"I am coming soon. Keep watch and pray for the nations. 
Ask of the harvest. Call on Me. Pray that My righteousness will be revealed.
Don't fall back. Keep pressing forward. Keep advancing my kingdom."

There were others He revealed that I wrote on my journal. But for the sake of being precise and short, this is the only thing I will share today.

Googling the countries, I find some of them have a Christian presence but perhaps the churches need a prayer for strengthening. Or maybe they are not as growing yet that's why they need our prayers. Maybe God is already doing something and His presence is already there and we can back up what He's seeking to do in these nations. Some like Tajikistan, Malaysia and Mexico, the Christian population are a minority but we're not after numbers. We're after true worshipers - real people who have accepted the gospel, who walk in light of it and who bring it to their people in everyday life.

Anyhow, I'm just taking a step of faith in posting this hoping that when you see it, you will pray too for them whatever it is in your heart to pray for. God doesn't always give me a detailed picture of things. When I take steps of faith, sometimes that's only the time when I orealize why. Sometimes it's years before I will understand, sometimes not at all. But that's God.



I guess I'm writing this (aside from moving you to pray) to show you that God does not always give the detailed story but when we obey Him, He will strengthen us to continue in faith and we will see how He works beyond what we think. His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. But when we understand He is the God of love, then His ways are best. Otherwise, it would be hard to trust someone who doesn't love you right. This is it for today. Thank you for reading this.

Comments