Skip to main content

Renewing God's Call and Purpose


I have been thinking about fulfilling our purpose for our workplaces lately. Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life book had really made a mark on me. I believe deep down we have that hunger to know that we are making a difference, that we matter, and that the world is better off because we were in it. When I read that book 8 years ago, little did I know that this would be what I would do one day. I had to discover it a little at a time.

While our perceived purposes may be different, the sense of purpose gives much life to our work. I have heard of a presentation lately where the executive's main idea was to make the workplace a fulfilling environment for his employees. That sounds like a good purpose.

It might sound simple but when we're in the right place where God wants us to serve, with the talents that He has given us and we're doing each one well, applying His Word to work as if we're working unto the Lord, and not men, we are already fulfilling part of God's purposes on earth.

God will not put you in a place that is not part of His dreams for the world. And He will not give you the talents, experiences, and connections that you have now, if not to make the workplace and elsewhere a better place to be.

Our presence wherever we are called, I've realized, is enough. Just show up where God wants you. It makes all the difference. He cannot use you if you're missing in action. An endeavor is half won if you just show up. Show up in the office, at home, or wherever, and be fully present for the people around you and the task at hand. It's one area I need to work on - to be more present and fully embracing God's call on my life.

And so, here's to serving God in this generation with you! 

I've had enough of an encouragement from God recently to know that the saints in heaven are rallying with us, cheering us on to finish the race of faith. But this would not have been possible without true and faithful people, saints as well in this life by the grace of God, who have been with us as we serve God.

Thank you for sticking it through with us.

As I surrender again to the call, I pray for myself first that God will make me better at this, so that people will also be better off as well. It has not been easy. But our purpose must go on.

But before I go any further in this race, I will remember this is about Him, not about me.

Let's run the race together. And pass a better world for the next generation.

Comments