Skip to main content

A Story Behind the White Dress

My "flawed" but beautiful dress...
just like the one wearing it
I recently bought this dress for our "White and Biscuit" party at Singles Camp. What not a lot may know is the story behind the dress.

You see I had 10 dresses to choose from in the store. And when it came down to choosing the final two, that's when I saw the flaw of this dress. Its beads at the collar are missing! Not one, but probably four or five! If people were to look closely, oh my, they might see it missing.

I had a choice to make. Will I or will I not buy this dress?

But for some reason, I still bought it. Because I still like it!

Luckily, the dress was on sale. And I bought it for a lower price than the original.



And I just feel like that's the story of how Christ found us. Flawed. Not perfect. We were sold not at original value but at a lesser value because of our flaws.

And yet, the love of God still purchased us, not because of the good things we have done. But because He still saw our value. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. He determined our value on the cross. He determined it so we will never have to question our value in any way.


And so on to the party I went. When I was there, guess what? I saw a lot more like me. All wearing white and all gleaming with happy faces.









And just like these people, we are not perfect in any way. But we were all clothed in a robe of righteousness bestowed on us by God. And we celebrate in the salvation that Christ did for us on that cross 2,000 years ago.

I know one day there'll be a greater, more glorious party like this in heaven, where people from every tribe, language, and nation clothed in white would celebrate before the Great and Holy One.

Until then, we rejoice knowing that we have been redeemed. We were bought in spite of our flaws. We were not left hanging on the rack for sale. Someone wanted us. He bought us not with perishable things, but by His own blood. Jesus took our place and died the death we should have died so we can live the life He has lived. This Jesus that we speak of is a powerful one, not a helpless symbol. He has won over Satan, the powers of darkness, sin and all the forces of evil that stood against us. 

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Colossians 2:15

Just think about it. When Jesus bought your soul, He bought it publicly. Unashamedly. He was shamed publicly but He was not ashamed of His love for you...This Jesus conquered sin and death just for you. He will do it even for just ONE soul. There's the difference.

The LORD OF HEAVEN DETERMINED YOUR VALUE PUBLICLY. UNASHAMED. 

WILL YOU ALSO VALUE HIM WITHOUT SHAME?


I am not ashamed of what Christ did for me on the cross, because what He did, He did it for me. He did it for me. He did it because He loved me. Loved me just as I am. Jesus loved me. And He loves you too. 

For God did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance (Luke 5:32).

"...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10

"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Philippians 2:10 [Emphasis mine]

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God "
Ephesians 2:8

Will you join the party? 

If not, what are you waiting for? 

Salvation is only a prayer away.

"Heavenly Father, I confess that I am a sinner. I acknowledge that the separation between you and me is because of my sin. I repent O Lord of my sins and make Jesus the Savior and Lord over my life. I do believe He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe what you say about your Son Jesus. I believe He is the way, the truth and the life just like what the Bible said. I make Jesus the Lord and Master over my life from this day forward. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen."

If you've prayed that prayer, welcome to the grandest party in heaven. The Bible says there is great rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents.

Truth be told, we were not that different from you when we first came to know Jesus Christ. 

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV) 
In the meantime, I salute YOU for making the BEST DECISION of YOUR LIFE! Your life is no accident. 

You matter to God. And you are valuable dear one, flaws and all...For the Lord has come, and He has come in grace. Hallelujah! Jesus be forever praised! Amen.

Comments