Skip to main content

Let Me


You hold me by your hand.

Your love surrounds me.

The more I try to hold you,

to just catch a glimpse of you,

You said, ‘Let Me.’

 

‘Let Me hold you child.

Let Me carry your burdens

Let Me embrace and melt your fears away

Let me comfort you and bring you joy and peace.

 

My child, I’ll always be true.

I always will be.’

 

In your presence I am awed

My heart melts

Just the thought of you near.

I thought I was growing with your heart

You said, ‘I’m in your heart

And always will be.’

 

My God you are my King

The blessing that caresses

The things in my heart

That have hardened for so long.

I am safe in Your arms.

Like a child cradled am I so endeared

 

You said I am treasured and honored.

You silenced other voices

And drew me nearer to your tender voice.

 

You said, ‘Let Me’

‘Let Me speak to you

Let Me sweep you off

From the hidden gloom

You’ve hidden yourself

And kept you from Me.

Let Me speak to your heart

As I sing to you the melodies

I’ve also taught to the birds.

But the melody in your heart is unique

For I gave it to you.

You are my daughter and will always be.’

 

God You are my Savior, my Prince.

The One who has loved me true.

At times I have rejected your love

For I have judged presumptuously.

And yet it’s still Your love

That I could go back to

And Your love has no judgments.

It’s one of perfection that thaws

Out every cold part in my heart.

 

And with tenderness

You always say, ‘Let Me.’

 

Lord I love you more each day

Your silence scared me.

Your mercy and your forgiveness

Brings the tears out of my eyes.

What joy is there in Your presence.

How much love is there in your heart.

 

And for that

I am letting you in.

I am tired of the cold.

Be with me in your warmth O God.

 

I am letting go of me.

I am letting You in.

I am letting go of my mistakes.

I am letting go of my failures.

I am letting You in.

 

 

Written: June 2009


Comments