Skip to main content

Post-Easter Message



I've been using a dual-purpose laptop for about a month or so. Though I know it has both a keyboard/trackpad interface and a touch screen display, I stuck to the keyboard/trackpad input as a primary means to get my work done.

Just today, out of circumstance, I was reminded of its touch screen input. I now tried to use my hand to go around apps and websites and use the keyboard for typing.

I realized "Wow, this laptop was really made for a touch screen interface. It is very sensitive to your press (even a light one) and it was a fast and accurate experience."

I'm like "Whoah! I can use both to get my job done."

The thing is I had to rediscover this laptop's features before I began to use it in a way that maximizes its benefits to me.

So many times we don't realize that God has already given us everything we need in our Christian walk through His finished work on the cross, the Holy Spirit, and one more instrument He gave to us on earth, it's the Bible.

Three reasons we can continue to live our Christian life without the resources God has given us is (1) we don't fully understand what God already did for us on the cross when Jesus died for all humanity 2,000 years ago. Second, (2) we have yet to learn how to tap the power of the Holy Spirit. Third, (3) we have something in our hands which is the Bible and sometimes we don't read what God is saying to us in His Word.

It may leave us feeling stuck to the old nature because we don't understand yet what God has already accomplished (tetelestai = it is finished) so that we may appropriate it to our personal lives on earth.

Yes, there are still some needs in this life - physical, emotional, financial, self-actualization or self esteem needs (think Maslow's hierarchy of needs) - that we may still be praying for and God is teaching us to depend on Him for everything that we need.

But it doesn't mean that what God did on the cross, through the Holy Spirit, and through the Bible was insufficient and incomplete.

For so many of us, we face certain trials and temptations in this life and we have yet to learn how to navigate through it.

And if there's anything that was taught to me about Easter Sunday is that the dominion of sin in our lives and our calling to the works that God has prepared for us was accomplished through the cross.

The power to preach the Word of God to people, the strength to disciple and evangelize others, and the endurance to keep going while we face certain obstacles has already been done through the cross and in companionship with the Holy Spirit.

Think you have some work undone? God says it is done. Through what He did on the cross, everything that will be accomplished in this life is already final. You are victorious! And as that starts to sink into our minds, we live lives that are according to His plan and His purpose and His ways for us.

For some of us, we want to have the kind of marriages, work lives, or ministries that will honor God. And we just have to open our Bibles for direction, to dust it off and tell God "I want Your will for my life." And as we read it, God begins to show us principles for good marriages, how to be successful in life God's way, how to handle our finances that will bring honor to God and advance His kingdom.

The principles are just there if we ask God to open our eyes to what He is saying to us through His Word. And as we spend time with it, we will begin to know God's will for us - for our finances, careers, ministries, families and households, school life, and all the primary areas. Yes, there are some things in life that we won't always know the result. But for the most important parts, God has made already clear through His Word.  As we search for Him, seeking to know the God who wrote the Bible and who authored it (2 Timothy 3:16), we will begin to live our lives in a way that honor His name and walk into the unique destinies that God has already set out for us.

"My sons and my daughters, I hold your life in the palm of My eternal hands. You don't need to worry. I know everything and I hold all things in My control. I control Your destiny. I know the end from the beginning and I will seek to do the things that I want to do through you in your life. I hold your callings in the palm of My eternal hands. You are assured of a bright and beautiful future. Obey Me, says the Lord, and walk in My paths. I work out things in heaven and on earth for your good and the good of all people who journey with you. I, the Lord, am a good and perfect Father. I am a conquering King. I bring to light what is in the dark. I know all things. Do you not see? I bring all my promises to pass for your good. I am a just and holy God. I work righteousness as a breastplate. You are already made holy and righteous. I know what I am doing. See your suffering has a purpose and your trials has made you walk with Me. I am a rewarder who brings good to My people who call on My name. You will see Me and you will find Me when you seek Me with all your heart, I will be found by you. Arise now, and walk in the plans I have set out for you, says God. Take cover in My care and love. I honor those who honor Me. And I reward those who seek Me first and leave all things in My perfect hands. There is no other god apart from Me. Call on me and I will tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. I forgive you. I love you (your name) and I will always be with you. I have never left you nor have I abandoned you. My plans are set in the heavens, as they are on earth. Seek Me and you shall live. Do you not know that I am good? I work what is good. Trust Me that I know all things. Obey Me for your own good. You are Mine. I love you My prince/princess. From your Abba Father, Almighty God."

May the power of God be so alive in you as you celebrate what He has done. Belated Happy Easter everyone! =)

Comments