Skip to main content

The Power of God to Forgive and Save


Cyber attacks and cybersecurity have come at the forefront as this century's new crime concern. Hackers get into the system of an enterprise, government, or personal device and steal classified data, customer identifications such as personal and card information, and if they can, render systems corrupted or inoperable, causing dollars of money on lost data, operations and people's identities.

Last year was such a year. And it caused people money, liability (in the form of lawsuits), unstable systems and more money  to invest in more secure systems.

The first message I believe from God on this situation is:

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10

The last month, in the midst of many good happenings in my life by the grace of God, I experienced some unholy thoughts that would disturb me, make me uncomfortable and wishing I could get them out of the way.

From like staring into my own form of rated TV (but in my mind) to other angry thoughts that sometimes do plague me.

The Holy Spirit also revealed to me that I had a wound and a lie that I believed years ago (even before the other attitudes happened) that "I was not worthy to be pursued by a man because I did not have the character." Seemingly half-truths but it caused me a mountain load in terms of bad fruit. Not to mention the guilt and shame to top it off! And it somehow stemmed from those wounds or lies that I had believed about myself.

Thankfully the Holy Spirit reveals or else I would continue believing that I cannot chang and so ruin the outcome of my life, the testimony of my faith, and God's wonderful purpose and plan for me.

You see just like cyber attacks, the devil fills our minds with thoughts that if we are not able to identify and resist (contrast this to your corporate IT defense or security system), those thoughts can corrupt who we are as a person (Christian or non-Christian leading to negative attitudes and behaviors), soften our defenses (by softening our sense of conviction [ex. Genesis 3 when the serpent got Adam and Eve to question God, "Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?"]), produce bad fruit, and steal from us our real identities (ex. God has made us worthy, We are forgiven, We are part of His church, and We have been given His grace to accomplish good in this world, etc.).

What purpose does the devil have for these thoughts in my case?

For one, I am 100% saved. There is nothing the devil can do to get me to lose this position. I will go to heaven because of my faith in Christ Jesus and not because of the things that I do or the struggles that I have.

Two, I am 100% forgiven. Christ's blood has sufficed to cover my sins  past, present and future. What is one thought compared to the fact that I have complete forgiveness in the sight of God?

So what is it if he cannot send me to hell or get to me forfeit God's forgiveness for me?

I believe that his purpose is to render me to not be 100% effective in my service in God's kingdom. Effectiveness is still something we all have to learn in whatever it is we are called to do. Salvation, forgiveness, love, holiness (by God's grace), unique gifts, identity are a given but effectiveness is something we continuously learn.

My struggles since I knew Christ as my Lord and Savior was not because the devil can send me to hell. Truth: The devil has no power to send people to hell. That is an overestimation of what he can do. It was God who created hell to put the devil and his legions there. He has to because He is a holy God and cannot dwell with evil.

Nor can the devil get me to lose God's mercy and forgiveness. Truth: God has the ultimate authority over heaven and hell. IF GOD SAYS WE ARE FORGIVEN AND ARE SAVED, that is His Word, that is His bond, and that is our assurance that what we believe is true. For God is not a liar but the devil is who is the father of lies (John 8:44).

What the devil will try is to keep people (whom God loves) from being saved, from hearing and receiving the good news, create distractions (worldly things, others) so that people will not be led to receive the truth and go to heaven...and be forgiven as well.

There is nothing more the devil can do to make Christians lose their salvation and lose God's forgiveness but he wishes (try as he may) to prevent others from being in the same position as we are.

Hence, what I believe these occasional assaults on my mind.

I have still yet to claim one more promise from God  that He has not given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)

One more thing, God gives all of us who believe in Him new identities in Christ when we became a Christian. Hold on to these truths. They are one of our inheritances and riches as believers.

Resources for knowing your identity in Christ:

http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/who_we_really_are.php
http://faithhealth.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/My-Identity-in-Christ.pdf

And if you have yet to receive Christ in your life, then I PRAY THIS BLESSING OF SALVATION AND FORGIVENESS TO BE UPON YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD AS WELL IN JESUS NAME.

AMEN..

Sincerely,

Marie

Comments