Skip to main content

The Tale of the White Flower Plant

I want to share a story about this certain plant in our garden.

We have this plant that looked more like a bush of leaves than a flower variety, simply because it just didn't bloom that much flowers! We probably had that plant for more than a year now. And to me, it was just a bush.

Until one day, in just a short time, after a week-long healing retreat, this "bush" suddenly mushroomed tiny white flowers in the left and bottom side. Now it looks like this:

"I thought it was just a bush."

What went from an ordinary bush (to me) is now a plant that blooms new flowers each morning. The reason why it wasn't blooming flowers earlier was because it was growing buds all along. And at just the right time, each one of those buds would become pretty white flowers.

It makes me think about this verse in  Genesis 26:12-13:

"Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him. The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy."

It is God's desire for us to thrive and be blessed. 

He told the first human beings to "Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it..." (Genesis 1:28)

Jesus said to his disciples: "This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples...You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you." (John 15:8, 16)

God desires fruitfulness in His people.

God desires for us to bloom and flourish to the glory of God.

But to everything there is also a time.

"There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:

   a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot, 
   a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build, 
   a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
   a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 
   a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,...

....He has made everything beautiful in its time."

(Ecclesiastes 3:11)

I just came from a rest season (actually, I'm still resting) as I had to rest and heal for a while. But the right time will come to be fruitful again and whatever blessing that means for me.

Just like the way this plant surprised me a lot because it was just growing buds all along, I believe that at just the right time, we will indeed bloom. We will be surprised at the work God will do in our lives.

When God changed Abram's name to Abraham, Sarai's name to Sarah and Jacob's name to Israel, he was speaking of them being a blessing to so many and the destiny they would have in their walk with God.

I believe God will give certain people new names (or new meanings to their names) to symbolize their new call and destinies in Him. 


Is your life looking more like a bush than a flower plant?

Remain faithful to what He says. At just the right time, the blessing may come. When God blesses, nothing can stop it.

God's blessing comes in various forms. And this blessing is for every one of us. God has a specific blessing for you.
 
"Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance."

(Psalm 16:5-6)

When the right time comes for God to bless you, nothing can stop it. It is God's work, God's will, God's way, God's time.

We will be astonished at how God had worked everything out to bless us and use it all for His glory.

This is another plant that I brought home after my healing retreat.

 Advanced Happy Holidays and Thanksgiving everyone! :-D God bless.


Comments