Skip to main content

Stone Wall

I had a good time watching the movie "Facing the Giants" earlier. I was just struck by the part where the Coach was making reforms in his team to turn their defeat around. He rededicated the football team's vision, purpose, training principlesessentially the team's foundationson the word of God.

One of the lessons the coach was trying to apply to the team was from the story of Nehemiah and his people when they were rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem. Here is the clip from the movie.


The coach resolved to have each of the team members guard an opponent in front of them as part of the overall team's defense.

After Holy Week, I know life will continue. But the rebuilding of our country will also continue, each to our post. In the story of Nehemiah, they were building the ruins of their nation. For our country, so will we.

My dreams for my country started when I was working. I did not want to leave the country because I have hopes that the country will grow economically. That was 2009 or 2010 I think that I had that dream in my heart. 

I never would have realized God's hand in rebuilding my nation. Him being a good God had good plans all along for my people. And that's enough motivation to thank Him and work with Him in building our land.

Like the team from the movie, it started when the team consecrated themselves to the Lord. They started to arrange their relationships and getting their hearts right with God. They started renewing their mind about the vision of the team. Whether they win or lose, they would be a team that would honor God and leave the results to Him. They would be a team that would do their best. They would be a team that would praise God whether win or lose.

That is my prayer for our turnaround. That each of us continue and begin to trust God in all the areas of our lifeour families, relationships, jobseverything that is already in "front" of us, where we have capacity to make a change.

All of us are assigned our unique tasks. If we work together, we'll build the pieces until they become the bigger picture that God intended to be for our country. But the first is to get it right with the Lord in the areas that He is asking you to turn over into His hand.

Our goal is to honor God all the way. We pray for the results and the outcomes. But in the end, like what the coach said in the movie, "We do our best and honor God and we give to Him the results."


Comments