Skip to main content

A Prayer for Holy Week

Holy Week is here again. Just when I was about to prepare myself for a different trip, I realize it's suddenly here.

For the Philippines' 80% Roman Catholics, this is a very important tradition to remind themselves of what Christ did, often told in the fourteen stations of the Cross that would depict each phase of Christ's suffering until his death. It often includes a Bisita Iglesia where people would go from church to church. People would include a passion story in their services. Streets will be filled with people who would go over the passion story together with walks, leaflets, and collective prayers.

A prayer for Holy Week
A prayer for people as they prepare and attend to their services to the Lord during this season.
O Lord Jesus, we just thank You God for another opportunity to be one with you in your suffering and sacrifice. Lord I pray that You will open my eyes such that there will never be another Holy Week for me where I have learned about You more. Lord I pray that you may reveal your love for me. With every story, may I see the goodness and vastness of Your love, depicted on Calvary. Reveal to me Father what this means for my life. How will my life be different knowing I was the reason You came and I was the reason You gave yourself away? You saw our need for a Savior. God please bless us with Your presence. Bless us with Your grace. Keep us at the center of your holy will and guide us into everlasting truth. Restore to us the joy of Your salvation and grant us a willing spirit to sustain us. Grant us peace and safety as we go. In Your Name, we pray. Amen.

Have a blessed Holy Week everyone!



Comments