Thursday, August 9, 2012

God's Plan of Salvation includes the LGBT Community

Wow, what a title that is huh. But indeed, as I was at home the past two days due to the bad weather here in the Philippines, my quiet times with God is pointing me in this direction - to keep spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ and speak about His grace even to people that you would least expect He will call to Himself. After all, wasn't He the one who said, "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will compassion."? (Romans 9:15)


This is God's promise to the LGBT Community and who will choose to obey Him:

But before that I would just like to make a reference to the word "Eunuch" in the Bible. Homosexuals are indeed referred to as homosexuals in the Bible and it was a practice that was done by other nations besides the Lord's chosen people, the Israelites. We do remember Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 19 where the men expressed desire to have sex with the angels disguised as men. In other books of the Bible like in the New Testament, there is indeed reference to homosexuality.

Regardless, I will focus on the word "Eunuch." A  eunuch was someone "who is wounded in the stones, or has his privy member cut off," (Deuteronomy 23:1 World English Bible). For short, his sexual organs were cut off. If one would read through Deuteronomy 23:1 it says that such person cannot enter the assembly of God. The practice originally came from other nations and it was considered mutilation or barbaric by the Jews.

However, we do indeed see that by the New Testament and Isaiah 56:4-5 that GOD makes no distinction on the frailties of men. It's because of these frailties that He has come to save and not condemn.

Eunuchs are not necessarily referring to gays in the Bible. However, God is using Isaiah 56:4-5 this day to pertain to people who cannot have children and this includes our brothers and sisters who have expressed themselves to be gay.

Isaiah 56:4-5, 'For this is what the LORD says: "To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths, who choose what pleases me and hold fast to my covenant [condition]- to them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will not be cut off. [promise]"'

God is allowing our gay brothers and sisters to come to Him in repentance and to seek Him in His temple. The Lord is saying that "If you obey me, I will give you an inheritance with my people. If you hold fast to me, I will be your protector, not your band of people, I, the Lord, will protect you. If you obey me, I promise that you will have a place in heaven. You will not be disappointed. I will be your Lover. I will be your Friend. I will be your Comforter. I will be your Father. I will accept you. Though your mother and father forsake you, I will not forsake you, says the Lord."

Are you ready to heed the words of the Lord for you today? God promises you a place in heaven with us. Take Him at His Word and receive His grace.



2 comments:

  1. It's disgusting that you think that gays should seek forgiveness, repentance. It's even more disturbing that you think that by extending this offer of redemption, you're being a good person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are entitled to your opinion. If God's opinion is more important than mine, you would seek His first more than anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis